This blog is dedicated to the third leg of the three legged stool of managed care readiness, your clinical punch list. Remember, if one of these legs is wobbly, then the whole stool is wobbly.
- What is organization’s clinical treatment philosophy? Does your organization provide services through a program model or do you individualize the client’s treatment?
- Does your organization have services available that Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) would be interested in (SUD IOP, Intensive Home Based Therapy)?
- Does your organization’s clinical culture have “room” to accept the rapid stabilization, least restrictive environment philosophy and reconcile this philosophy with your mission?
- What are the attitudes of your clinical staff regarding managed care treatment philosophies? Are they open to new ideas and clinical approaches?
- Have you researched the MCOs’ clinical criteria for the services your organization provides?
It is our hope that these questions will jumpstart your review process and provide food for thought as you develop your game plan to become managed care friendly.